Definition of terms
- Mark-to-Market Valuation - Is a valuation methodology that prices securities based on current market price or how much you could sell them today.
- NAVPu - Means Net Asset Value per Unit. A term applicable to unitized investment funds such as UITFs. The NAVPu is the aggregate market value of the fund divided by the total number of outstanding units of the Fund.
- NAVPs - Means Net Asset Value per Share. A term applicable to investment funds such as Mutual Funds and ETFs. The NAVPs is the aggregate market value of the fund divided by the total number of outstanding shares of the Fund. Usually, there is a fixed number of shares that can be offered, unlike UITFs.
- BSP - Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, the regulator of the Philippine Banking System.
- SEC - Securities and Exchange Commission, the regulator of registered corproation in the Philippines.
- PSE - Philippine Stock Exchange, a self-regulating organization that oversees the Philippine Stock Market.
- Sales Load - A charge or a commission charged to an investor when buying or redeeming shares in a Mutual Fund.